Hello world! I’ve been blogging on and off for several years now, but one of my goals for 2017 is to consistently post on my blog. My previous blogging focused primarily on travel; however, this time around I do not want to limit myself to solely travel. I have a few topics in mind that I’ll be writing about and these include:
- Personal Finance
- Web Development
- Dogs- and in particular, my dog, Sunshine!
- Disney (I used to work there and I’m a HUGE fan)
- and more!
I’ve never set clear, focused New Year’s Resolutions before- I’ve always just said to myself “Oh this year, I’ll save more money/eat better/ workout more/etc”. Broad goals like this do not work for me, which is why for 2017 I’ve laid out some pretty specific resolutions.
My hope is that if I put my goals down in writing and share them with the world, I will be more likely to follow through on them. I’m optimistic that this time next year I’ll be able to write a post stating that I accomplished these goals!
My New Year’s Resolutions for 2017 are:
- Blog consistently- for me this means at least 1x per month
- Create a budget and stick to it
- Contribute the max amount to my IRA
- Start an emergency fund
- Learn to cook more recipes- at least 10
- Take the Canine Good Citizen Test with my dog (& hopefully pass it!)
I hope you’ll follow along as I start the new year with hope!